Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Patterns


I am absolutely in love with patterns, and when I came across this I had to share. It was part of a Flikr post, so I'm not sure who the designer is, but I thought it was beautiful. The image uses the same pattern of heart-shaped leaves over and over, but in different colors and sizes. It sort of reminded me of a puzzle I have of Princess Diana that is actually a collage of different photographs of her, put together to make one large image. What impresses me the most about these sorts of images is the amount of work that is involved. Finding the images is not too hard, but color coordinating and resizing them seems like a pretty lengthy process. I have worked with patterns in a couple projects, and I can appreciate the time spent to make them look good. However, I have never attempted something like this so I'm pretty impressed with the way the artist used size and color in the same pattern to create a portrait.

No comments:

Post a Comment