Monday, June 6, 2011

Hip Hop Haven



Fall 2009 Senior GD Studio teamed up with a Non-Profit organization called Hip Hop Haven to create some promotional information for them. Their main focus was to create awareness about Hip Hop Haven’s mission. They also wanted to bring people into the center. The package design was created by Helen Shaffer. She states “I decided to do a CD packaging project to house a mix tape and I put together that could be used as a promotional tool for the organization. I used recycled cardboard CD-cases and printed stickers to use for the artwork. Each copy maintains an element of originality as no two covers are the same. I am currently in a Client and Community class and we created some promotional information for a clients. I think this is a new approach, having each individual piece be different. Allowing the organization to change it and create their own vision. The design of the CD case has some collage involved and it is all stickers that you place on the CD case yourself. I think they did a nice job with the design and creating something that is eye catching for the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment